"We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wekiwa Springs State Park

Birdie and I spent four days at Wekiwa Springs State Park near Orlando. It has a nice campground and several hiking trails. This was my site.
 Birdie has a 30' Class C motorhome and tows the red car. She's a full-time RVer. I'm not there yet, but will be full-timing in my 22 foot Silver Lining soon after the closing on the sale of my house.

While there we hiked the some trails and did some birding. Our first hike was to the Springs headwaters, but it was a big disappointment for Roe.
No swimming here, Roe.

But we did get to watch the these turkeys doing their mating rituals.
These two toms were strutting their stuff to impress the hens...from the front and

From the back.

 When we returned to camp this little Pine warbler? was trapped in Bandit's screen room. Bandit wasn't in it, but I had left it unzipped. He flew away happily when I showed him the way out.
 The next day we rode into Orlando to meet up with forum friend Soos for another hike before going out to Boston Lobster Feast for dinner.
 We found this pair of mixed Mallards.
 Lobsterfeast!
Another day, another trail...to Sand Lake, a favorite for fishermen.
 Red-headed woodpecker
 and a deer
Worked on reattaching the back screen on my RV. Bandit enjoys looking out from the basement compartment.

Next up: Return to Blue Cypress Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment